I decided that rather than planning out a specific design for my kite, I would just improvise and decide upon the shape and structure as I was assembling the pieces. I wanted the outcome to still be abstract however to still resemble a kite. Rather than using tape which would detract from the design, I used a method of cutting so the pieces would slot in together. This allowed me to easily position the sections where I wanted and also helped create angles. I used a glue gun to secure the pieces further. I am really happy with the outcome of my kite. I feel the design and materials reflect well upon my way of working. I think if I was to attempt this project again I would make the kite a lot bigger, and use a more lightweight material. Although I am happy with the overall design, I think it would look a lot more effective on a larger scale, and with a thinner material, so the light shone through the sides more effectively.
No comments:
Post a Comment