I now needed to decide on a structure for my kite. I often work with paper and practice origami techniques so I decided the form would follow this style. On a recent visit to the Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art, I came across the work of
I really like the unusual composition and the shadows. I decided to give my kite a strange form by cutting up sections of the sheets I made from the photo's and sweet wrappers and re-attaching them together. I made sections that would inter-lock and stick out at strange angles, whilst still giving the impression of a kite shape. When held at different angles, the pieces will almost make a diamond shape however keeping the abstract quality. I am very happy with the overall result of my kite and will use this technique again in future work. I think the colours give it an interesting quality and like that the materials are not typical.
No comments:
Post a Comment