Monday, 1 October 2012

Leaflets

I began trying out way to incorporate my leaflets into my mapping. I took another journey around the University campus and collected more leaflets and business cards. I decided to try out using these as a material to make a map. I drew a basic sketch of my walk and built a map made from the leaflets around this sketch. I tore the leaflets rather than cutting them to reflect the different shapes of the pavements and buildings.


I really like this effect, and think this is a much better way to document my journey rather than just drawing out the path I took. I like the fact that it takes a few seconds to realise what the sections are representing. I like the colours and think that the torn paper looks a lot more effective that simply cutting them into a shape. I really like this study and will take this idea further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment